5.02.2012

Timeline

So I was looking through my old photos on my computer from when I first got it four years ago. I have pictures of my apartment in Pasadena, to the pictures of having finals in school, to the days of my graduation, to the places I've vacationed and visited with friends and the mission trips I've went on with church. Then I went through my facebook timeline, which kept track of my social network life from 2006 onward. 7 years of my life are archived on Facebook! Then I read through my journals since I was a high school kid to just reflect back on what I was thinking and going through. It's funny... because the things I used to be so concerned about in high school are so trivial. (HAHA... I chuckled to myself) Can you tell I was in a very reminiscent mood?

Anyways... throughout all this I realize that my emotions, my thoughts, my experiences, the people I am around and are close to, and the things I am doing are continuously changing. People come in and out of my life, styles come and go, career paths and experiences are here now and gone tomorrow. Throughout all this the only person that remains constant in my life is Jesus. That all throughout my life He has been there with me. Throughout all the troubles and joys, times of heartache and happiness, He was there. Whether I knew it or not, He was there. At this moment and as I move forward with my life, He will always be with me for eternity. That gives me the greatest comfort. That everything in the end will be okay. Not necessarily in terms of circumstances, but okay because I know who I will be going through those circumstances with.

The thing is... I fret, I worry, I freak out, I become anxious, thinking... What if things don't work out? What if life doesn't go according to my plan. But... it's okay! Things rarely worked out the way I wanted, but always turned out for the better, because our Father knows best. I have to realize I don't know what's best for myself and God in His infinite wisdom knows best and is in control. He knows me better than I know myself and is always with me.

Don't scramble. Stay inside the pocket.